Welcome to the Sellers Johnson Law Wealth Advisors’ Education Center
We regularly host educational webinars for our Wealth Advisor colleagues on advanced legal, tax, and estate planning topics.
Recent webinar topics include:
- Retirement Planning and Self-Directed IRAs
- Working with your Clients’ Stock Purchase Agreements
- Taxation of Estates and Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts such as Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) and Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Charitable Trusts such as Charitable Lead Trusts (CLTs) and Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs)
- Estate-Freezing Trusts such as Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs), Grantor Retained Income Trusts (GRITs), and Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs)
- Business Succession Planning and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Life Expectancy and Health Care Planning
- Income-Shifting with Trusts and Partnerships
- Asset Protection strategies
If you are unable to attend one of our live webinar events, you may request an Encore Presentation in our offices or in your offices.
Visit our Events & Seminars page for details and upcoming events.
Estate Tax Planning
Name: Grantor Trust Basics Article
Description: Article by Philip Di Giorgio on Grantor Trust Basics
Name: Gifting Strategies in Light of TRUIRJCA
Description: The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Restoration, and Job Creation Act of 2010, increased the amount that can be gifted tax free from $1M to $5M. This has greatly increased gifting strategies available to your client to an extent that has never existed
Name: Tax Savings Using Income Shifting with Trusts & Partnerships
Description: With recent and numerous changes to the tax code in 2013, it is as important as ever for individuals, business owners and families to plan for future generations. One of the most effective strategies for planning for future generations is by shifting income to beneficiaries using tax-favored methods. This webinar covers the following topics: – The Income Shifting Family Non-Grantor Trust -The Income Shifting Charitable Remainder Trust for Children and Grandchildren -Using PLR 2013 10002 to shift income and reduce state income taxes -Common and preferred Family Limited Partnerships to shift income -EBST vs. QSST Elections -Trust Distribution Planning under ATRA and the 3.8% Surtax on Net Investment Income [Video in MP4 format]